Whenever Nex.to is unable to retrieve details for a contact (e.g. the contact's first and last name, company name, and email address) from your ConnectWise, it will display the contact as an inactive contact, e.g. "Inactive Contact (657)". The number in parentheses is the contact's unique record ID within your ConnectWise database.
Generally speaking, there are two situations in which this will happen:
- The contact was created and then deleted from your instance of ConnectWise before the contact record could be synced to Nex.to. This should be a relatively rare event, given how Nex.to retrieves and synchronizes data with your ConnectWise.
- The integrator login you created for Nex.to hasn't been assigned the correct Access Level. In order for Nex.to to retrieve data from your ConnectWise, it must have the All Records access level and not "Records created by integrator." When this is the case, you'll generally find that no contact information is displayed throughout Nex.to. Here's an example of what this looks like:
Here's how to fix this:
- Open ConnectWise and navigate to Setup > Setup Tables.
- Find the Integrator Login setup table.
- Search for and open the integrator login account for Nex.to.
- Click the Access Level dropdown menu and select All Records.
- Click the Save icon.
Nex.to retrieves contact data from your ConnectWise approximately every 60 minutes. If, after waiting an hour, you're still seeing a significant number of inactive contacts, please contact support so we troubleshot this further.