There a few things to look at when it comes to increasing response rates. The following tips are in two sections: optimizing the closed ticket e-mail and having a communication strategy that tells your clients about SmileBack and why their feedback is so valuable.
Optimizing your closed ticket e-mail
- Make sure your closed ticket email is short. Clients are likely to overlook the survey if it lost among lots of other content
- Place the survey close to the top of the email, straight after saying "Dear [customerfirstname]"
- Reduce other visual content in your email so the survey stands out
- Many clients open emails on mobile devices so use a responsive email template.
Tell your clients about the survey
- Get your engineers to remind clients at the close of each ticket to click on a smiley face. This becomes a built-in confirmation that the engineer actually completed the job; if the client then proceeds to say "but, you didn't actually satisfy what I wanted...the ticket should not be set to completed" you can prevent negative reactions before they hit your CSAT board
TIP: To get your engineers on board, make a competition based on response rates/positive ratings/CSAT score (e.g. whichever engineer gets the highest response rate that week gets a reward).
TIP 2: Display the dashboard in a public area for your engineers to see the positive feedback they are receiving.
- Tell all new clients about SmileBack when you onboard them. Let them know to expect the survey and how it helps you ensure they are happy with your service. Also let them know your commitment to following up on neutral or negative feedback
- Take a client report to your regular meetings with clients and demonstrate the importance of a high response rate to measuring your performance at their organization.
- Send an email upon implementing CSAT letting your existing clients know about the service. Find a draft below
Subject: Introducing quick and easy service surveys
We wanted to let you know that we've just recently implemented a one-question survey to all closed support tickets. Now, at the close of each issue, you'll receive an email letting you know that we've completed your ticket.
In that email, there will be three smiley faces. We would really appreciate if you'd click on either the green, yellow or red smiley face to let us know how we did. It'll only take a second! You'll then be able to leave a comment if you'd like to detail the reasons behind your reaction.
This will help us to ensure that you're satisfied at the end of every service ticket and that we're offering you the best possible service.
All the best,