Only on SmileBack Professional
SmileBack's powerful automation feature allows you to build custom rules based on the reviews you receive. Each rule performs an action every time a specific event, or trigger, takes place within SmileBack.
Before configuring automation rules please ensure you have fully implemented SmileBack with your ticketing system:
Automation rules run 15 minutes after a review is received, in order to allow time for the user to change the rating if needed.
Create an Automation rule
Follow these steps to create an Automation rule:
- Go to Automation in the dropdown User Menu.
- Click on Add New Rule
- Add a name for the rule.
- In the When dropdown, select a trigger from one of the following. This is the action that will cause the automation rule to "fire" and can be one of the following:
- A new review is received
- A tag is added to a review
- The status of a review is changed
- Use the filters to to further define which reviews should follow your automation rule (such as reviews with a comment, or comments that have been approved for publication).
- Define in the Then column what should happen when the trigger is matched.
- After selecting the action, you can further define its settings.
- Click on Save.
Enabling/Disabling an automation rule
Use the on/off switch to enable or disable a rule.
A few examples
Here are a few examples of automation rules you can create:
- Write an internal analysis note to the ticket in ConnectWise Manage when a new CSAT review is received
- Change the status of a service ticket within ConnectWise Manage when a new CSAT review is received
- Notify your service manager by email when a neutral or negative review is received
- Create a new ticket when a negative or neutral review is received - this follow up ticket will be created on the board set as the default for the API member you created for SmileBack