Only on SmileBack Professional
SmileBack's powerful automation feature allows you to build custom rules based on the reactions you receive. Each rule performs an action every time a specific event, or trigger, takes place within SmileBack.
Create an Automation rule
Follow these steps to create an Automation rule:
- Go to Automation in the Configuration screen.
- Click on Add New Rule
- Add a name for the rule.
- In the When dropdown, select a trigger from one of the following. This is the action that will cause the automation rule to "fire" and can be one of the following:
- A new reaction is received
- A tag is added to a reaction
- The status of a reaction is changed
- Use the filters to to further define which reactions should follow your automation rule (such as reactions with a comment, or comments that have been approved for publication).
- Define in the Then column what should happen when the trigger is matched. Choose from the following:
- Change the ticket's board/status
- Send an email notification
- Attach a note to the ticket (this action has an optional checkbox to mark in ConnectWise Manage that the ticket has been updated by the customer).
- Submit a survey response to ConnectWise Manage
- Create a new service ticket in ConnectWise Manage
- After selecting the action, you can further define its settings.
- Click on Save.
Warning! In order to use the "Submit survey response, create new service ticket and record that the ticket has been updated by the user" actions, you will first need to create an API Key in ConnectWise Manage.
Enabling/Disabling an automation rule
Use the on/off switch to enable or disable a rule.
A few examples
Here are a few examples of automation rules you can create:
- Write an internal analysis note to the ticket in ConnectWise Manage when a new CSAT reaction is received
- Change the status of a service ticket within ConnectWise Manage when a new CSAT reaction is received
- Notify your service manager by email when a neutral or negative reaction is received
- Create a new ticket when a negative or neutral reaction is received - this follow up ticket will be created on the board set as the default for the API member you created for SmileBack