Creating an API member in ConnectWise Manage and integrating the API keys into SmileBack allows the two platforms to "talk" to eachother and send information back and forth.
Creating an API member
- In ConnectWise Manage, go to System > Members > API Members
- Click + to create a new API member
- Name the new member SmileBack
- Save the following image and upload it under the photo section:
- Give the account an email (this should be a "real" email at your company)
- Under Security Information, select the Role ID Admin.
Optional: If you do not wish to assign the Admin role, you may create a custom security role in ConnectWise Manage. Please note this process involves complex ConnectWise functionality.
- Under Scheduling Information check Do not display this member on the Dispatch Portal
- The remaining required fields within the API member creation screen do not impact the SmileBack connection. For fields that aren't required, leave blank or with default data
- Save the SmileBack API member
Creating an API Key
- Select the SmileBack API member created in the previous section and navigate to the API Keys tab
- Click + to create a new API key
- Add the description SmileBack and Save
- Copy and paste the public and private key from ConnectWise into the API Member Authentication section in SmileBack and click Validate API Connection
- SmileBack will confirm that the correct API permissions have been given, (this is particularly important if you have created a custom security role). Once you've confirmed that you've passed the necessary requirements, hit Save.