This articles outlines the steps need to:
- Create an API Member for SmileBack
- Create an API Key
- Enter the API Key into SmileBack
Creating an API member
- In ConnectWise Manage, go to System > Members > API Members
- Click + to create a new API member
- In the Member ID field type SmileBack
- Right-click to save the following image and then upload it by clicking Browse next to the Photo field:
- Enter an email address (this should be a functioning email address at your company)
- Under System, select the Role ID Admin - or - select the custom SmileBack security role you previously created.
- Under Scheduling Information check Do not display this member on the Dispatch Portal
- Complete any remaining required fields. The values you enter into these fields won't impact SmileBack. For fields that aren't required, feel free to leave these blank or choose the default setting.
- Click Save.
Creating an API Key
- Select the API member created for SmileBack in the previous section and click the API Keys tab
- Click + to create a new API key
- For description enter SmileBack, then click Save
Entering the API Key into SmileBack
Copy and paste both the Public and Private keys you created in the previous section from ConnectWise into the API Member Authentication section in SmileBack and click Validate API Connection.
SmileBack will confirm that the correct API permissions have been given. This is particularly important if you created a custom security role. Once you've confirmed that you've passed the necessary requirements, click Save.